Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter and other Hilarious Happenings....

Lots of exciting things to blog about!! The week of Easter was a fun one- I had a hair appointment and, up until I got to the appt. and sat down in the chair, I could not decide what I wanted to do! Light or dark? Long or short? Well, here's a picture of what combination was the winner:


It's kind of a terrible picture (the lighting is terrible) but I went with a really dark brown and I took the leap and got bangs! And chopped about 2-3 inches off the length. Again, really hard to see in this pic because of the lighting, but there ya go! 

Next exciting thing that happened- my aunt and uncle (favorites, I might add) Marty and Rachel came up from Utah to spend the weekend with the family for Easter!! They brought their 2 month old baby Logan, so it was really exciting to finally get to meet him! We spent the weekend shopping, hanging out, watching movies,  family dinners, ... the works! 
The Easter bunny visited Jeff and I this year- his basket was chalked full of candy, and mine was full of my favorites: Dentyne gum, Trop50 Orange Juice and Cranberry Orange Muffin Mix and pretty flowers! Good thing the Easter bunny knew not to bring me any yucky candy or sugar.... :)

Easter Sunday we went to the Regional Conference broadcast which was really good. My favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf (he's usually one of my favorites at Conference, too) and he spoke about the importance of setting spiritual and temporal goals in our families. I love the simplicity of his message- how much more we will accomplish in our families if we just set goals for ourselves! So, we took his challenge and have set our own scripture/prayer/Temple goals. We just started this week, but I'm excited for the added joy, peace and Spirit that it will bring into our little family :)

After Conference we went to my grandparent's house out in Eagle for Easter festivities! It was so awesome to see my cousin Andy and his girlfriend Annie- Jeff hadn't met him yet, so it was nice to see him and catch up on their lives! The kids did Easter egg hunts and we had a huge Easter Feast! A FEaster! :) I have a bunch of pictures of Easter day but I just realized they're on my digital camera, and I don't have the USB cable for it, so pictures will be posted next week when my new one gets here :)

Last exciting/hilarious thing from Easter weekend! Marty and Rachel had originally planned on leaving Sunday night to head back down to Utah, but when it came time to leave, Rachel really wanted to stay longer and spend more time with the family. So the decision was made that Marty would drive my grandma's car back to Utah on Sunday night, and then I would drive with Rach and her 4 kids in their Suburban back to Utah on MOnday and then drive my gma's car back on Tuesday. I was super excited to get to spend more time with Rach and the kids, and help her out with them as they made the long trip back to Draper. 
SO- we left Boise at about 11:30 am on Monday and made a pit stop in Burley so we could eat and let the kids run around. We were there for about an hour and right as we were leaving, my 3 yr old cousin Lizzie announced that she had to go potty- again. So I took her in and she went, we washed her hands, and as she was walking out of the bathroom I noticed she kept pulling at the bum of her jeans and kind of walking funny. So I asked her if she was okay, and she said yeah. I asked her if she had a wedgie, and she said no. So I shrugged it off, and away we went down the road. About 10 miles before Snowville, UT I was driving and Rach was sitting passenger seat, Lizzie yells from the very back seat, "Mama! Mama!" Rachel answers, "Yes, Lizzie?"  "I have poo-poo!" We both whip our heads around to see Liz holding out a crumpled piece of toilet paper with quite a lot of "poo-poo" on it!! Rach instantly goes in to Mommy- mode and finds a paper cup to put the little nugget in- and I go into laugh hysterically- mode. So Rach asks Lizzie, "Where did you get that??" And she exclaims, "From my bum-bum!!" At this point in time the whole incident in the Burley restroom is starting to make sense, and everyone is laughing and trying not to gag- not to mention trying to get Lizzie not to touch anything! Then, to top it all off, we're almost to the Snowville exit and Rachel looks back to see Lizzie sucking on her two fingers that she was just holding her little treasure with a few moments before. She goes, "Lizz! Get your fingers out of your mouth!!!!" And Lizzie goes, "Why mama?"  "Because you have POOP ON THEM!!!" And that's when I lost it completely- I was no-shame, all-out dying of laughter. Well, we got to Snowville and thank goodness she didn't have any "poo-poo" in the car or on her clothes. We figure what happened was that she wiped her bum in Burley, but everything didn't quite make it out of her bum. I told Rach to make sure and write this one down in the good ol' journal and title it, "Things you never think you'll hear yourself (or your kids) say". Boy, I sure can't wait to have kids ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is the funniest thing I have ever read!
    And also... I love your hair!!!!!!!
    It's such a cute look for you. Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete